When is startÂ Windows Xp Sp2 I get Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Error. How can I get rid off this win32 Sevices error?
Why This Error Occurs?
According to microsoft, this error occurs in windows XP sp2, if security update 873333 (MS05-012) had been installed. Microsoft also claims, that this problem only occurs in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2), but it does provide fixes for windows server 2003 and windows 2000. Microsoft had earlier issued security update 873333 (MS05-012), to fix a Vulnerability in OLE and COM, that could allow remote code execution.Â
Some Symptoms Of Generic Host Process Win32 Services Error:Â
- E-mail messages that include file attachments would not display file names, when the file name contains double-byte character set (DBCS) characters and the file name is longer than 42 characters.However, this problem can only be noticed when the e-mail message format is Rich Text.Â
- All applications that implements the IMallocSpy debugging interface may experience heap corruption. For example, you may be browsing the internet and would suddenly experience a halt in all your Network activity.Though you might see the Internet connected icon in the tray, you may not able to browse
- You encounter error messages about faulting netapi32.dll and svchost.exe .
- You also receive error messages that state â€œYour PC has recovered from a serious problemâ€Â .
Ok Lets Now See How To Fix This Error:
I have collected 3 Solutions from various sites.Try any one the following solutions to fix this error.
Download the patch KB894391, to fix Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Error.Â Â
- Go to Run and type regedit .
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE–> SYSTEM –> CurrentControlSet –> Services –> Browser –> Parameters .
- Find the key IsDomainMasterÂ .
- Set its value to Falsem.
Restart yourÂ computer
- Go to Run and type cmd.
- Type â€˜netshâ€™ in command console then press Enter.
- Type â€˜winsockâ€™ and Press Enter and then type reset.
- Restart the computer.
I hope these solutions will help you to Fix the Problem.Â