Got bored with default Ubuntu Grub bootloader? Looking for a nice GUI instead of Grub? Then try out Burg.This post is dedticated to all Ubuntu fans who love to customize there dafault Grub bootloader. 🙂 Install Burg, a Brand-new Universal loader based on Grub.BURG has much prettier GUI and it supports themes and customizations. 😉
How to Install BURG?
1. Open a terminal window and type the following command,
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:bean123ch/burg && sudo apt-get update
2. After its completion, close the terminal window.
3. Goto System –> Administration –> Synaptic Package Manager. In search box type â€œBURGâ€ and hit enter.
4. Right click on Burg mark it for installation then click apply.
5. The installation process will start.During installtion don’t make any change in first Burg settings window.Just click Forward.
6. In the second window, choose your Ubuntuâ€™s root drive, or if you have a separate /boot partition choose it instead.
7. Finally enter the following command in a terminal window and hit enter.
8. You can now restart and the Grub bootloader screen will be replaced by Burg. While at the boot screen, use these shortcuts press F1 for help,Â F2 for a list of themes, andÂ F3 to change screen resolution.
Cool Isn’t it? 🙂