Top 10 Useful Internet Explorer Addons
Here, youâ€™ll find a bunch of cool browser extras (other then Google Toolbar) to make Internet Explorer way more usable.
1. IE7Pro (only IE 7) – little overwhelming and takes some time to get used to, but totally worth it. Includes powerful tab manager, AD or Flash blocking utility, Crash recovery, Proxy switcher, Web accelerator, User Agent switcher, Webpage capturer, Greasemonkey scripts support, Firefox style inline search, spell checker and some more.
2. LeechVideo – handy IE addon that lets you download favorite videos from popular video sharing websites (i.e. Youtube, Google Video, DailyMotion, etc.).
Other alternatives: Viloader | Video Downloader
3.Â Inline Search – integrates an in-page search feature to Internet Explorer. Use â€˜CTR+Fâ€™ to launch it in the left-bottom corner of your browser window.
4.Â ShareThis – lets you quickly
*Email webpages (or embedded pictures or videos) to friends or contacts (gmail, myspace, facebookâ€¦) and
* Post notes to your Facebook/Myspace profiles.
5.Â Convert with Zamzar – browser addon from a comprehensive, web-based file conversion service, Zamzar. Lets you convert and download desired files from your favorite websites at the click of a button on your browser toolbar. It can be a Youtube video that you want to play in Windows Media Player, a Flickr image that you need in JPEG format, or a word file that you need in PDF.
6.Browster – integrates link preview capabilities into your browser. For instance, each time you search on Google, Yahoo, MSN or visit some popular website Browser places a special icon next to each link, hovering your mouse cursor over it triggers a pop-up window displaying the contents of the destination page.
Other alternative: Cooliris
7.Â FeedsPlus (only IE 7) – in case youâ€™re using your browser to follow-up on feeds, then this is for you. It adds couple of handy features, i.e. ability to read feeds in a combined view and receive pop-up notifications when there are new items to read.
8. ieSpell – allows you to spell check text input boxes on any webpage (i.e. web mails, forum posts, blog comments, etc.)
9.McAfee Site Advisor (only IE 5.5 – 6.0) – slim and easy-to-use security addon, features include:
- protects you from adware, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
- advises you about the safety of websites using a colored button in your browser
- places website safety ratings next to each search result
10.IeSessions – lets you save the current state of all open windows/tabs, store it to a file and restore it anytime afterwards. Especially useful if you have to switch between multiple computers (i.e. office, home) during the day.
I hope these IE Addons will be very mush useful for you.Start Sharing your Favourite Addons here…