Adding command prompt to windows explorer right click menu is a simple hack that you can do it.Few months back i have discussed on how to Customize Your â€˜Send Toâ€™ Right-Click Windows Menu.In this article i will show two simple methods to add CMD in right-click menu.
First i go with easy one,
1. Open Notepad.
2. Copy(Ctrl+C) & Paste(Ctrl+V) in notepad.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
@=”cmd.exe /k cd %1″
3. Now save the file as “cmd.reg”
Save with quotes
4. Double click on that file, and the text will be entered into the registry.
Thats it you can get command prompt in right click.
Method 2:(Using Registry)
1. Goto Start–>Run.
2. Type Regedit & hit enter. Â (If u hav any registry prob click here to fix it)
3. Navigate to the following registry key
4. Once you are at that key, right click and choose the New Key option
5. Name the key â€œCommandPromptâ€ (without the quotes) and then double-click on the default value. Change the text to â€œCommand Prompt Hereâ€ as seen below,
6. Now Right click on the new Command key and select New key.
7. Name the new key Command as well, and then double-click the default value of that key. Set the text of that key to this
cmd.exe /k cd %1
8. Now right click on any folder you can find Command prompt.
For more Registry hacks click here & don’t forget to see Tansparent/Glass Command Prompt For Xp and Vista