Ultimate desktop calculator
Qalculate is a multi-purpose desktop calculator for GNU/Linux. Qalculate is extermely small and simple to use but with much power and versatility underneath. Features include customizable functions, units, arbitrary precision, plotting, and a user-friendly interface (KDE or GTK+).
The options on Qalculate in Linux just blows the Windows calculator away. Imagine a calculator where you can solve extremely complicated expressions, or just convert between different measurements, and youâ€™ve got Qalculate.
Install Qalculate on Ubuntu Linux
1. Goto Applications -> Accessories -> Terminal.
2. Type in the following command,
sudo apt-get install qalculate
3. Then the installation process will start.
Cool Features of “Qalculate”
- User Interface
- Graphical user interfaces implemented using KDE or GTK+-2.0 and Glade XML
- Flexible expression entry and separate result display
- Displays whether result is precise or not
- Practical menus give fast access to all advanced features
- Calculation history
- Optional traditional calculator buttons
- Dialogs for management of and easy access to functions, variables and units (with quick conversion)
- User friendly dialogs for functions, with description and entries for arguments
- Create/edit functions, variables and units
- Easy editing of matrices and vectors
- Easy interface to gnuplot
- Separate window for fast conversion between number bases
- Periodic table
- Small separate utilities for base, currency and unit conversion
- Additional text based interface with full functionality