Virus is one of the common enemy for computer users. One must periodically scan and remove viruses in order to Protect the computers from cyber attacks. Without a proper Anti-Virus software your computer is exposed to all types of Online and Offline security threads.
- What is the Difference Between a Virus, Trojan Horse and Worm?
- Top 10 Free Online AntiVirus Scanners
- Top Tips for Internet Security
- 40% of Hacker Attacks Are From US and China
- Kristina Svechinskaya is the World’s Sexiest Computer Hacker
Doctor Web is the Russian developer of Dr.Web anti-virus software. The company is a key player on the Russian market for software that meets the fundamental need of any business information security. Dr.Web CureIt is an anti-virus scanner that is based on the Dr.Web Scanning Engine. It is not a full Anti-virus suite, but rather a scanning utility. That being said, Dr.Web CureIt is more than capable of effectively scanning your PC and then undertake the necessary actions for any detected threats.
Even tough there are many scanning, Doctor Web is one of the few anti-virus vendors in the world to have its own technologies to detect and cure malware. Doctor Web effectively protects the information systems from any threats.
Key Highlights of “Dr.Web Anti-Virus Scanner”
- The Russian developer of Dr.Web anti-viruses
- Doctor Web has been developing anti-virus software since 1992
- Dr.Web is trusted by users around the world in 200+ countries
- The company has delivered an anti-virus as a service since 2007
- 24/7 tech support
- It’s available for Windows, Mac and Linux users.
Dr.Web CureIt detects and neutralizes the following key malicious threats:
It does not require installation and will run on both 32 or 64-bit platforms, from Microsoft Windows XP and to Microsoft Windows 8.1.
Dr.Web CureIt is free of charge for personal computer use. For any commercial use of Dr.Web CureIt, however, a license is required.
User Guides: https://download.drweb.com/doc/?lng=en#freeCureitLngSelect
Disadvantages of “Dr.Web CureIt”:
There are few cons of Dr. Web CureIt and the user must know these performance capabilities drawbacks.
- No resident monitor
- Their is no command line scanner
- Updating utility feature is missing.
Dr.Web CureIt is a great solution when you cannot install an Anti-virus suite due to virus activity. Last of all, you can use Dr. Web CureIt just as a scanning tool for emergency purpose. Personally, I would recommend Kaspersky Internet Security to protect your computer from all online and offline malware threads.