Whether or not you use Aero, there are still a few things you can do to get some more speed. You can disable some of the graphics effects that can look nice, but really donâ€™t add much. Hereâ€™s how:
- Open Control Panel.
- Choose â€œPerformance and System Tools.â€
- Click â€œAdjust visual effects.â€
- You can now either choose â€œAdjust for best performance,â€ or you can choose Custom and pick the effects you want to keep.
Finally, while Vistaâ€™s sidebar can be a cool thing â€” letâ€™s face it, that clock is kind of nice â€” itâ€™s also a resource hog. It slows your computer. Disable it.
- Right-click on the Sidebar (or, if itâ€™s not visible, choose â€œWindows Sidebar Propertiesâ€ from the Control Panel).
- Uncheck â€œStart Sidebar when Windows starts.â€
- Click OK.
- If the Sidebar is currently open, right-click on it and choose Close Sidebar
If u Like To keepÂ Vista Sidebar here is some 580 Vista Gadgets Collection