Here the trick to add any application to the right click menu or context menu. This way you do not have to always go to the Start Menu to open programs. When you right click on any folder, you can have access to that application in the context menu, the same as using Open With.
- Open Regedit by clicking the Start menu and selecting Run. Then type regedit in the box and click OK.
- Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell
- Add a new Key to the “Shell” Key and name it “newprogmekey”.
- Give it a default value that will appear when you right click a folder, i.e “newprogmekey” (use an “&” without the quotes, in front of any character and it will allow you to use the keyboard)
- Click on the Key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\newprogmekey
- Add a New Key named Command
- Set the (Default) value of the application you want to run
For example: c:\program files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe (Include the full path and parameters if you need them).
See Also Vista Registry Hacks