How to Remove Antivirus 2009 Manually and also using MalwareBytes:
Few months backÂ my computer was affacted by Antivirus 2009 adware.It irritated me a lot by showing Popups each and every Minute.I searched over net for Removal instructions and tools needed toÂ remove it.I found MalwareBytes is used to remove this Antivirus 2009.Then i Checked whether Kaspersky removes it.I updated my Kaspersky and Scanned my C drive.The Updated Kaspersky removed Antivirus 2009 Adware Completely from my Pc.
What is Actually Antivirus 2009?
Antivirus 2009 is a rogue anti-spyware application.It is is an updated version of Antivirus 2008. Antivirus 2009 is usually promoted via a ZLOB/MediaAccess Codec installer found on adult websites.It floods the user with popups and fake system notifications.The user might click on one of the popups or notifications, all of which claim they will take him to a legitimate security tool, but try to make him purchase Antivirus2009’s “licensed version” instead. It redirect web browser to antivirus-premium-scan.com, antivirus-best.com webscannertools.com, livesecurityinfo.com,antivirusonlivescan.com,bestantivirusscan.com secureclick1.com or premiumlivescan.com and websites that sell the malware.
- “Critical System Error”,
- “Your computer is infected”,
- Hijacked homepage to obscure webpage.
- Flashing icons appear on your system tray (Near of your system clock).
How to Manually Remove Antivirus 2009 :
Search the following files and delete
- Antivirus 2009.lnk
- Uninstall Antivirus.lnk
- Go to Start –> Search –> All Files or Folders.
- In the “All or part of the the file name” section, type in “Antivirus 2009” file name(s).
- For better results, select “Look in: Local Hard Drives” or “Look in: My Computer” and then click “Search” button
Stop Antivirus 2009 Processes
- Click the Start menu, select Run.
- Type taskmgr.exe into the the Run command box, and click â€œOK.â€ You can also launch the Task Manager by pressing keys ALT + CTRL + DELETE or CTRL + Shift + ESC.
- Click Processes tab, and find Express Antivirus 2009 processes.
- Once youâ€™ve found the Express Antivirus 2009 processes, right-click them and select â€œEnd Processâ€ to kill Express Antivirus 2009.
Unregister and delete .dll files
â€œStartâ€ and then click on Run
Now in the Run command box, type cmd, and then click ok
Type regsvr32 /u filename.dll where filename is the name of the file that you like to Unregister
Delete registry values:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\â€Antivirusâ€ = â€œ%ProgramFiles%\Antivirus 2009\Antvrs.exeâ€