KeePass Password Safe:
KeePass Password Safe is a free, open source, light-weight and easy-to-use password manager for Windows. You can store your passwords in a highly-encrypted database, which is locked with one master password or key file.
Here i have Provied Step by Step instructionsÂ to save Passwords using Keepass:
*First of all download Keepass from here
1. Now open the Keepass application.A dialogue box will appear asking u for a Master Password.Before giving the Master Password make sure you Click Hide Password Button as shown in the figure below.(Note:This is the method which is used to see all passwords in Keepass).
2. Click Ok.
3. A Repeat Master Password dialogue box will appear.Give the Same Password .Click Ok
4. Now we are ready to save all passwords.Here i am going to say how to save Passwords of ur email ids.The Same Procedure is applicable to save passwords for Windows,network,internet,homebanking.
5. Click on the email as shown in the screenshot below.
6. Now click on the Add Entry where the Cursor is Placed as shown below.
7. You will get a dialogue box like this.Fill the necessary details.
9. To add the password of another email account Click Add entry(Step 6).To Edit/View the Stored Password Click on the Edit/View icon next to Add Entry.
10. Now after adding all the Passwords. Click File–>Save as give a file name it will be saved as .kdb extention
You may have aÂ doubt where it is safe to save important passwords using Keepass?
The answer isÂ Yes.The Stored passwords will be in Encrypted Form.The Other users in cannot view theÂ Passwords without giving the Correct the Master password.
See theÂ below sceenshot if i try to open in notepad theÂ savedÂ .kdb file is in encryptedÂ form.
To view the saved password Click on the file.Give master password.Thats it!!
Other Related Posts:
Password Protect USB 3.6.2
AI Roboform Pro v6.9.91
Strong passwords: How to create and use them
Why are strong passwords needed?