Easily Backup All Your Data Using This Freeware
Cobian Backup is a multi-threaded program that can be used to schedule and backup your files and directories from their original location to other directories/drives in the same computer or other computer in your network. FTP backup is also supported.
Cobian Backup supports several methods of compression and strong encryption.
Cobian Backup exists in two different versions:
- Application and
The program uses very few resources and can be running on the background on your system, checking your backup schedule and executing your backups when necessary.
Cobian Backup is not an usual backup application:
It only copies your files and folders in original or compressed mode to other destination, creating a security copy as a result. So Cobian Backup can be better described as a “Scheduler for security copies”.
Key Features Of Cobian Backup:
- Zip64 for zip files larger than 2 GB.
- Strong encryption: Supported methods are Blowfish (128 bit), Rijndael (128 bit) and DES (64 bit).
- An open plugin architecture to allow the program’s enhancement.
- 3 different methods to copy files, if the main method fails, 2 more methods will be used.
- The interprocess communication can be done using TCP/IP. This allows a better communication between the program parts AND the program can be administrated from another machine anywhere in the world.
- Backup to multiple destinations.
- A backup history is displayed.
- Zip files can now be split.
- Remote backup.
- Automatically remove old backups.
- The application can be used as a command line utility. No separate command line program is needed.
Cobian Backup 9.5