How to Fix Virtual Memory too low Warning Trouble in win xp and vista:Â
When there is less physical memory than needed, then some virtual memory (virtual RAM) is created on the disk. When there is a limit set to the size of virtual memory usage and there is not enough of it present there is a warning that frequently comes â€œVirtual Memory too lowâ€.
Solution 1 :
This problem occurs when physical RAM + Virtual RAM (usually created on hard disk) together are not sufficient to take care of the currently needed RAM size, or this situation is about to arise. This usually happens when some fixed upper limit for Virtual Memory has been set. To solve this problem, you can either upgrade you physical RAM on your computer (recommended), or you can set the Virtual Memory to system managed size or you can do both. Setting Virtual Memory to system managed size means windows will set it to higher size whenever needed automatically,for this,
On this screen select the System managed size, press OK. After this re-start your computer. This will solve the virtual memory too low problem.
Recommended solution is to upgrade your physical memory (RAM) according to requirements of the kind of applications that you run on your computer. If you upgrade RAM or not, the following procedure will help prevent this warning by increasing the virtual memory limit.
- Right click on My computer icon and click properties.
- This will show system properties window. Click on a advanced tab and click on the settings button under heading performance.
- This will open performance options window. Click on advanced tab and click on change button under heading virtual memory.
- Check if the space available is set to some custom value or double the RAM size ?
- If it is not double the RAM memory size , then select the size option set the virtual memory size double the RAM Size and press set button and press OK button.
- Restart the computer.