Today my friend called me and said Praveen I get a pop-up that “You may be a victim of software counterfeiting” in Windows Xp.What is the problem and how to slove it?.I thought of sharing this troubleshooting in this blog.If you are also getting the same problem then here is the solution,
What Causes this Problem ?
The problem occurs when you update your Windows Xp.It will show this notification that reads â€œYou may be a victim of software counterfeitingâ€ and â€œThis copy of windows does not pass genuine Windows validationâ€.This is because you are not using Genuine Xp.
Ok,Lets Now Fix this problem:
Just download and run RemoveWGA.exe
1. Launch Windows Task Manager. (If u get trouble in opening Click here)
2. Locate the process â€œwgatray.exeâ€ and end it.
3. Log in into the Safe Mode(Press F8 while Pc boots) and delete the file WgaTray.exe from c:\Windows\System32
4. Also delete the WgaTray.exe from c:\Windows\System32\dllcache
5. Type regedit in Run to open Registry Editor, navigate to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify key.
6.Â Delete the folder WgaLogon and all of its contents.
7. Restart the PC normally.