It is due to some kind of virus/ trojan activity which normally disables the task manager.Now due to this problem when ever the user press alt+ctrl+del to launch windows task manager it gives an error saying â€œTask Manager is being disabled by your administratorâ€.
To Enable the Disabled Task Manager on your system
1. Press window key+r to show run prompt
2. Follow the following steps
- Enter gpedit.msc in the run prompt and click OK
- In the Group Policy settings window
- Select User Configuration
- Select Administrative Templates
- Select System
- Select Ctrl+Alt+Delete options
- Select Remove Task Manager
- Double-click the Remove Task Manager optionâ€™.
- Set the property of this item as disabled.
For Those who use Windows XP Home Edition can use the registry to enable Task Manager
1. open start –> run and type regedit
2. Navigate to the following path:
3. You will find a registry key with name DisableTaskMgr of type: REG_DWORD
4. Double click the key with and set the Value to 0
5. Exit the registry and restart to see the effect.