I am having a problem with Google talk that I can not see the contents of a chat window and when i close the window Google talk crashes with an error:
Google Talk encountered an internal error, and must now close. Ok to report this error to Google?
What should i do to fix this Gtalk problem?
First lets see why this problem occurs
This error is caused due to the presence of rlls.dll on your computer. This file is classified as trackware (an application that watches your web browsing habits) and adware (an application that serves advertisements to your machine).
Now lets see how to get rid of this rlls.dll
There are two methods to remove rlls.dll from your computer.Using a Spyware Software or try removing it manually.
The following programs can remove the most common malware. You may need to try more than one to catch every instance of malware on your computer. Make sure to use the latest versions of these programs.
Spybot Search and Destroy(Recommended)
Click here to see others useful Spyware Softwares
Manual Removal Instructions For rlls.dll
Step 1: Use Windows File Search Tool to Find rlls.dll Path
- Go to Start –> Search –> All Files or Folders.
- In the “All or part of the the file name” section, type in “rlls.dll” file name(s).
- To get better results, select “Look in: Local Hard Drives” or “Look in: My Computer” and then click “Search” button.
- When Windows finishes your search, hover over the “In Folder” of “rlls.dll”, highlight the file and copy/paste the path into the address bar. Save the file’s path on your clipboard because you’ll need the file path to delete rlls.dll in the following manual removal steps.
Step 2: Use Windows Command Prompt to Unregister rlls.dll Files
- To open the Windows Command Prompt, go to Start –> Run –> type cmd and then click the “OK” button.
- Type “cd” in order to change the current directory, press the “space” button, enter the full path to where you believe the rlls.dll DLL file is located and press the “Enter” button on your keyboard. If don’t know where rlls.dll DLL file is located, use the “dir” command to display the directory’s contents.
- To unregister “rlls.dll” DLL file, type in the exact directory path + “regsvr32 /u” + [DLL_NAME] (for example, :C\Spyware-folder\–> regsvr32 /u rlls.dll.dll) and press the “Enter” button. A message will pop up that says you successfully unregistered the file.
Step 3: Detect and Delete Other rlls.dll Files
- To open the Windows Command Prompt, go to Start –> Run –> cmd and then press the “OK” button.
- Type in “dir /A name_of_the_folder” (for example, C:\Spyware-folder), which will display the folder’s content even the hidden files.
- To change directory, type in “cd name_of_the_folder”.
- Once you have the file you’re looking for type in del “name_of_the_file”.
- To delete a file in folder, type in “del name_of_the_file”.
- To delete the entire folder, type in “rmdir /S name_of_the_folder”.
- Select the “rlls.dll” process and click on the “End Process” button to kill it.
That’s it your Google talk problem is fixed.Enjoy Chatting with your friends.
Click here to see some usefulÂ Google Talk Shortcut keys