Whenever I open a site in Google Chrome it takes 20-30 seconds and showing “Downloading Proxy Script” at the bottom of the browser. And sometimes it fails to load the page after a long wait time. It’s totally frustrating and even after restarting the browser the problem persists. Is there any way to fix this Downloading Proxy Script issue?
Don’t worry your browser or PC is not affected by Virus. The reason behind this issue is the Google Chrome checks the Proxy settings every time it loads the webpage. If Google Chrome seems to take a long time to load a website or search, it may be configured to access pages through a web proxy.
Let’s now see how to fix this issue.
Fix Chrome Stuck on Downloading Proxy Script
Follow the below steps by step instruction to change the proxy settings to fix the issue.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click the Chrome menu on the right hand side of the browser.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down and you will see “Advanced”
- Click Show advanced settings.
- Now scroll down and under System click “Open Proxy Settings” as shown in below screenshot.
- This will open the Internet Properties dialog.
- Click LAN settings .
- Deselect the “Automatically detect settings” checkbox.
- Click Ok.
- Restart the browser
- That’s it your pages will load lightening fast!!!
Google Chrome Articles:
The following are some useful Google Chrome articles,
- Google Chrome Shortcuts
- Easter Egg in Google Chrome and Firefox
- Top 5 Google Chrome Themes for Hackers
- How to Disable “Save Password” Option in Google Chrome(Mac OS X)
- Take Awesome Screenshot With Google Chrome Add-on
- How To Clear Saved Password in Google Chrome?
It is common on some computers/laptops for the Google Chrome web browser to experience a noticeable delay in loading web pages, and you may see a “
If you still face the issue, please contact me.