Pressing Command + Q not workingÂ in Google Chrome. It shows “Hold âŒ˜QÂ to quit” pop up in Chrome browser. And I am unable to quit Google chrome browser. So, how to fix this issue?
This is not a bug and Google came up with feature to avoid yourself from accidentally quitting chrome on Mac OS X.
Warn Before Quitting Feature
Pressing CommandâŒ˜ + W closes the current tab. And if you press CMD+QÂ it closes the chrome browser completely.In order to prevent oneself from quitting chrome; Google came up with “Warn Before Quitting” option.
How to FixÂ Command + Q not working issue?
Just follow the below steps to fix Command Q issue in Google chrome browser.
- Open Google Chrome
- In Menu bar click “Chrome”
- You can see “Warn Before QuittingÂ âŒ˜Q” option as shown below screenshot.
- Just untick this option to enableÂ âŒ˜Q.
This disables warning message pop up when you hit cmd +q.Â If you really do want to close all the tabs of all your windows, simply hold down the cmd + q keys to trigger the usual functionality.
Have Fun with Google:
Let’s now see some useful articles where you can have real fun with Google search engine.Â Here we have shared some Google search hacks which delivers the exact search results which you are looking for.
Search in Google by Filetype:Â
filetype:Â You can directly use Google to search any type of files.
- filetype:pptÂ to search all presentation slides.
- filetype:pdfÂ will search only pdf files! Good for searching ebooks.
- filetype:pdf site:eduÂ will return all files withÂ pdfÂ extensions from edu domain. Useful to complete journals or study assignments!
Electronics Handbook:pdf Â
Checkout the following articles,
- 6 Clever Google Tricks Worth Knowing
- 5 Way to Have Fun With Google Search
- 10 Awesome Google Search Hacks
- 5 Most useful Google Search Technique
- Top 5 Google Chrome Themes for Hackers
Hope the above articles are useful to you. If you are facing any issues in Chrome please share the same in Comment section. We will get back to you with solutions.