Most of you might have noticed Windows version on the desktop in the lower right-hand corner during beta releases of windows.Lets now see a quick trick on doing this in your windows platform.I tested this registry hack in Windows Xp, Vista and Windows 7 and its working fine 🙂
Steps to show windows version on Desktop
1. Goto Start –> Run (Windows Key + R)
2. Type Regedit and hit Enter.
3. In Registry editor, navigate to this key:
4. Select â€œDesktopâ€ in left pane and search for â€œPaintDesktopVersionâ€ in right pane and double-click it.
5. A dialog will pop-up, change the â€œValue Dataâ€ field from 0 to 1.
6. Restart the Windows you will find Windows version printed on the desktop.
CheckÂ Windows version on the desktop in the lower right-hand corner. 🙂
If you wish to remove the watermark, just change the â€œValue Dataâ€ field back to 0.