AVG LinkScanner:Real-time protection against online threats for free
There are millions of poisoned web pages out there. They can live on familiar, big-name sites â€“ and they can come and go within hours. Just clicking on one can get you into trouble. You can end up losing your money, your identity and your most precious digital memories.
AVG LinkScanner checks each web page in real-time before it opens on your PC. If it sees trouble ahead, it stops you. Itâ€™s quick and easy to install, runs smoothly alongside other major brands of security software and itâ€™s free, forever.
AVG LinkScanner has a two-fold approach to your safety online:
- Search-Shield scans search results and places a safety rating next to each link, so you know where itâ€™s safe to click.
- Active Surf-Shield scans the page behind any link you click on or any web address you type into your browser. If the page is poisoned, it stops you from opening it. (This happens so quickly that you shouldnâ€™t even notice it.)
The fact that AVG LinkScanner works in real-time makes it unique. The software doesnâ€™t rely on “blacklists” of sites that have previously been poisoned, but instead checks for active threats right before you arrive at a page.
Why AVG Linkscanner is Needed?
- 95% of online threats are web-based and cannot be stopped with anti-virus software alone.
- AVG sees 100,000-150,000 threats a day.
- Online criminals set up their own websites or poison legitimate ones (even just single web pages).
- 60% of all pages hosting web threats are poisoned for less than a day, making the threats difficult to catch unless they are viewed on the actual page in real-time. This makes AVG LinkScanner essential protection.
- One in eight web users will unknowingly come across a poisoned page at least once a month.
How AVG LinkScanner is tough on threats:
- Scans the pages behind all the links you click or type into your browser.
- Scans the results of web searches in Google, Yahoo! and MSN so you know whether a page is safe before clicking on it.
- Uses the intelligence gathered by a global community of online threat detectors.
- Analyzes individual pages rather than entire sites because single pages may be threatened.
How AVG LinkScanner is easy on you:
- Compatible with current products from other major security brands, so you can continue to use your existing software with AVG LinkScanner.
- Runs silently in the backgroundâ€”you wonâ€™t notice it until a threat is detected.
- Minimal use of system resourcesâ€”it wonâ€™t slow down your computer.
- Protects you immediately without need of a system scan.
- Automatically updates whenever a new threat is found.
- Works with most popular Windows OS including Win2k, XP, Vista (32 &64 bit) and Internet Explorer (6.0+) and Firefox (2.0+) browsers.