Ultimate Linux Transformation Pack For Windows XP
Are you bored seeing the same Old Xp Themes(Blue)?
If so,Try these Different Stuff Top 10 ways to Tweak your Windows Xp or Make Your XP Look Like Mac OSX.
I thought, I would show you how to get a Linux like look on your boring XP landscape.
Well before we go, the Windows need to be patched to allow loading of custom themes, get the patch by WindowsX atÂ SoftpediaÂ or others may decide to use software like StyleXP etc. So here is a list of content you will get in the Ultimate Linux Transformation Pack.
2. Visual Styles
There are several custom styles available, following are the few which are the best and I would recommend installing both of them and decide whatever suites you best.
HumanÂ (Ubuntu) –
PlastikÂ (KDE) –
These come as an archive in a folder. Extract the folder to C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes, not just the file but the folder too.
The next step is setting up icons. For this you will need the Tango Patcher. This will give your entire operating system a Tango feel. There is also the option to use the Tangerine theme from Ubuntu along with some special Tango themes such as the one from SUSE. Download and install that, picking the theme of your choice. You can preview the different themes here. This will require a restart, and you should immediately notice the difference.
Donâ€™t you want the pointer to be like Ubuntu style? If yes, then here we go! Shown above is a set of cursors you will get in the package.
5. Applications Skins
Some of the applications will need to be matched to the Tango feel to match the rest of the system, so where are some skins / themes for those:
- FirefoxÂ – https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1565/
- ThunderbirdÂ – https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/2258/
- uTorrentÂ – http://vertigosity.benpbrown.com/?page=apps&app=utorrent
- WinampÂ – http://axidente.deviantart.com/art/Fuuh-Ubuntu-26039121
This is really up to you. Thereâ€™s no reason wallpapers will need a change too. But itâ€™s here for the sake of completeness. Besides you may like something you see. Following are some locations you could get great wallpapers.
- Deviantart.comÂ – Every thing from Visual Styles to Dock Icons
- Gnome-look.orgÂ – Generally Gnome related
- KDE-look.orgÂ – Generally KDE related.
- Interfacelift.comÂ – Tons of high-resolution, widescreen wallpapers.
- Google ImagesÂ – Eh, why not?
Some other great resources here if youâ€™d like to customize Windows further.
- Deviantart.comÂ – Great resource for all things graphic design.
- Belchfire.netÂ – A Windows XP themes community.