Backing up and Restoring Messages In Nokia
A breakthrough for Symbian S60 3rd Edition (OS 9.1)
Solution for backing up and restoring Messages
The MOST-WANTED solution for backing and restoring your messages from your memory card. By default in symbian S60 edition phones, when we store messages on memory card, it gets stored in system/mail folder.
The same thing happens on Symbian 3rd edition phones too, but only difference is that the mail folder is buried deep inside the private folder..
What you need to access it..
1) Connect your handset to pc in the â€œData transferâ€ (Mass storage) mode
2) Go to the Private folder on your memory card
3) Open the folders in sequential manner
4) Look for 1000484b (PARENT) folder or like that under which you will find Mail (Child) or mail2 folder, you are looking for.
5) Copy that (PARENT) folder to your PC
6) After you format you memory card using handset, copy back the same folder PARENT from pc again under Private folder on memory card using mass storage mode.
7) You have got all your messages as it is.
— OR —
Follow 1st step as it is, then go to search option on your pc, include system, hidden files and folders in search options and search for â€œmailâ€ folder.. and follow steps 5 to 7 as it is.