Simple Tool for Ubuntu Administration
Ubuntu Control Center(UCC) is an application inspired by Mandriva Control Center and aims to centralize and organize in a simple and intuitive form the main configuration tools for Ubuntu 10.04. Ubuntu Control Center uses all the native applications already bundled with Ubuntu, but it also utilize some third-party apps like â€œHardinfoâ€, â€œBoot-up Managerâ€, â€œGuFWâ€ and â€œFont-Managerâ€.
Here I provide step by step tutorial for installingÂ Ubuntu Control Center,
1. First download these three packages.
2. Then install Font Manager .debÂ package by double clicking it.
3. After that double click jstect-gtk .deb package the installation process will start.
4. Finally install Ucc .deb package.
5. Now we have successfully installedÂ Ubuntu Control Center.
6. To use UCC goto Applications –> System Tools –>Â Ubuntu Control Center.
Now take some administrative control over Ubuntu Linux.Â
Read these 2Â useful Ubuntu articles from Geekyard,
Ubuntu 10.04 Adds New Lightware Themes
Ubuntu 10.04 Radiance & Ambiance Themes For Google Chrome.