Simple Tool for Ubuntu Administration
Ubuntu Control Center(UCC) is an application inspired by Mandriva Control Center and aims to centralize and organize in a simple and intuitive form the main configuration tools for Ubuntu 10.04. Ubuntu Control Center uses all the native applications already bundled with Ubuntu, but it also utilize some third-party apps like â€œHardinfoâ€, â€œBoot-up Managerâ€, â€œGuFWâ€ and â€œFont-Managerâ€.
Here I provide step by step tutorial for installingÂ Ubuntu Control Center,
1. First download these three packages.
- Font Manager.
2. Then install Font Manager .debÂ package by double clicking it.
3. After that double click jstect-gtk .deb package the installation process will start.
4. Finally install Ucc .deb package.
5. Now we have successfully installedÂ Ubuntu Control Center.
6. To use UCC goto Applications –> System Tools –>Â Ubuntu Control Center.
Now take some administrative control over Ubuntu Linux.Â
Read these 2Â useful Ubuntu articles from Geekyard,
Ubuntu 10.04 Adds New Lightware Themes
Ubuntu 10.04 Radiance & Ambiance Themes For Google Chrome.