â€œThe VirtualBox team today released a significant new version of Oracle VM VirtualBox(TM), its high performance, cross-platform virtualization software. VirtualBox 3.2, the first Oracle branded release since the acquisition of Sun Microsystems, Inc by Oracle Corp. earlier this year, contains many innovative new features which deliver further significant improvements in performance, power and supported guest operating system platforms,â€ the official release announcement read.
Features of “Oracle VirtualBox 3.2.0”:
- Avirtual SAS controller, emulating the LsiLogic SAS controller.
- Dynamic memory â€˜ballooning,â€™ enabling 64-bit hosts to adjust the amount of memory dedicated to a VM on the fly.
- Guest Automation API.
- Large Page support for increased performance.
- Limited, experimental support for Mac OS X guests.
- Multi-monitor support in Windows guests.
- Page Fusion, a new feature that de-duplicates RAM used by similar VMs.
- RDP video acceleration.
- Snapshots can now be deleted while the VM is running.
- Support for desktop and server versions of Ubuntu â€œLucid Lynxâ€ 10.04 LTS.
- Support for Oracle Enterprise Linux 5.5.
- Support for the Unrestricted Guest Execution feature in Intel Core i5, Core i7 and Xeon 5600 Series processors.
- USB tablet/keyboard emulation.
- vCPU hot-plugging for Linux and some Windows guests.