Best dock for Linux distributions
Avant Window Navigator 0.4.0 now with more Amazing Features.Avant windows navigator is very stable and can be included in today’s popular Linux distributions, such as Ubuntu, Fedora, Mandriva or openSUSE.Avant Window Navgator (Awn) is a dock-like bar which sits at the bottom of the screenÂ tracking open windows.Awn uses libwnck to keep a track of open windows, and behaves exactly like a normal window-list,
Cool Features of “Avant Window Navigator”
- Ability to run without compositing manager (desktop effects);
- Ability to position the dock on any edge of the screen;
- New styles: Floaty, 3D, Flat, Curved or Edgy;
- Ability to cover the whole screen width (Expended Mode);
- Added Window Dodge and Intellihide modes for the autohide function;
- Ability to change the alignment of the dock;
- Ability to blend with your desktop theme;
- Four new, beautiful themes are now included;
- Icons can now be easily changed by drag-and-drop;
- Added new Preferences applet;
- Grouping of windows is now supported by the Taskmanager applet.
Steps to InstallÂ Avant Window Navigator
Avant Window Navigator 0.4.0 can be easily installed in Ubuntu 10.04 LTS by following the instructions below:
1.Â Go to Applications -> Accessories -> Terminal
2.Â Paste the following line and hit Enter.
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install avant-window-navigator awn-extras-applets
3.Â Hit “y” when asked and let it download and install the packages. When the installation is over, you can run Awn from Applications -> Accessories -> Avant Window Navigator.