Gmail has introduced one of Gmailâ€™s most requested features, rich-text signatures are now available to users who want to liven up their messages. GmailÂ usersÂ can now change the font size, font color, include images into their signatures.
What’s Cool feature in Rich-Text Signatures?Â
Those who got several accounts linked to Gmail can set up different signatures for every email address. And some features added in GmailÂ from last year are,
- Gmail Adds Fast New Windows
- Gmail Login Adds CSRF Protection
- Gmail Labs comes up with more emoticons
- Gmail Users Can Now Import Windows Live Hotmail Email
- How To Add Embedded Image To Gmail
â€œRich text signatures have long been one of our most widely requested features. Some of you have tried your own solutions, including Greasemonkey scripts, browser plugins, and even using canned responses from Gmail Labs,â€ Mark Knichel, Software Engineer at Google, explained.
â€œOthers have simply lived with frustration of not being able to change the colors or font size of your signature, or insert images and links. Either way, you’ll be happy to know that today we’re launching the ability to write your own rich text signatures right in Gmail,â€ he announced.
How to make Rich-Text Signatures?
1. Login to your Gmail Account.
2. Go to the Settings page in Gmail.
3. Under Gereral tab, goto Signature section.
4. By default, the feature is set to â€œNo signature,â€ but thatâ€™s not what youâ€™re there for. Below that youâ€™ll notice the rich-text editor where youâ€™ll be able to compose the wittiest and most original email signature since the invention of webmail.
5. In the above screenshot I have added aÂ computer Icon and my blog links Techpraveen & Geekyard in signature.
5. You can use different fonts of different sizes.And if you want to insert an image (like company logo, or a rose). You can also add a link, to your companyâ€™s website, your blogl. The rich-text signatures are just available for the regular version of Gmail for now, meaning that users of the old HTML version and of the mobile one wonâ€™t be joining in on the fun.
What’s the use of adding blog links?
Adding website or blog links in email signature is one way of site promotion.If you run a blog and want to know more about blogging checkout www.geekyard.com.