Beginning Ubuntu LTS Server Administration, Second Edition is the touchstone companion book for anyone implementing Ubuntu LTS Server. Author Sander van Vugt introduces the most recent server edition of Ubuntu Linux, the most popular Linux distribution, to power users, system administrators, and programmers and demonstrates the power and flexibility that the Hardy–Heron Ubuntu Server Long Term Support Edition offers for small networks and corporate systems alike.
This book covers:
*Installing and configuring Ubuntu to ensure secure installations
*Virtual Ubuntu and LDAP configuration
*Full network and web services management
What you’ll learn ?
- Administer, install, and configure the 5–year Hardy–Heron Ubuntu Server Long Term Support Edition of the most popular Linux distribution in the world.
- Use the new installation and GUI tools.
- Familiarize yourself, whether you are a power user or system administrator, with LDAP administration.
- Build a network infrastructure with Ubuntu Server.
- Harden Ubuntu to withstand new security threats.