Internet Explorer 8 RC1 Now Available for Download
Microsoft has finally released the first release candidate-IE8 RC1 Build 8.0.6001– for Internet Explorer 8 promising to make the Internet experience faster, secure, compatibility enhancements,Private tweaks and more compliant with web standards.
The new version brings enhancements in private browsing, accessibility, overall reliability and speed. RC1 reaches a significant development milestone towards a browser that can compete on closer footing with Firefox, Safari, Chrome and Opera in terms of features. However, web standards support (especially CSS 3) and performance are still far behind the competition.
- Tabbed Browsing-option to re-open accidentally closed tabs.
- Security-introduction of the Clickjacking feature.
- InPrivate-Microsoft had debuted the InPrivate mode for anonymous browsing
- Phishing Filter-IE8 integrates its own Phishing filter called the SmartScreen.
- Import/Export settings-added to import favorites from Firefox and Safari
IE8 has also taken a page from Chrome’s playbook and now opens a separate process for every tab. This means that IE8 won’t crash outright just because of problems with one tab.
Internet Explorer 8 RC1 can only be installed on Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Windows Server.
One feature Internet Explorer still lacks is a download managerâ€”a feature you’ll find in every other browser.